Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is amazingly wonderful! Another one from Dad's Own Cookbook - highly reccomended for beginer cooks. I make it for Christmas tins and have trouble staying out of them myself - super yummy!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 12 graham crackers, crumbled (2 cups)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup granola cereal
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 Put butter in 13 X 9 inch baking pan and put in oven until butter melts.
- Add the crumbled graham craker crumbs to butter and spread evenly, pressing mixture down.
- In a bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter and pour mixture over graham cracker crumbs.
- Next Sprinkle on granola, then rasins, then chocolate chips.
- Cover with coconut flakes and press firmly down on mixture.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
- until lightly golden brown.
- Cool completely and cut into bars.
- Store in refrigerator in well sealed container.
Delicious recipe!! This is very similar to the recipe for Magic Bars that my mom used to make sometimes. I used fat free condensed milk and left out the raisins. Holy smokes...this is good! Quite dangerous to have around the house, especially when they're warm right out of the oven! Thanks so much for posting!!
Fantastic recipe! You were completely right - I can't stay out of them! I used Nutella instead of peanut butter because I really don't like peanut butter, and they turned out fantastic - thanks so much for a great recipe!