Recipe by Chef Dudo
Stumbled upon this recipe in a food magazine when I was looking for cakes without flour to use on Passover. It is not exactly a "hip-friendly" cake but very, very tasty, melts in your mouth. Enjoy it it small pieces on Passover and the rest of the year. The measurements may seem a little strange, got them by converting grams and milliliters as the recipe was originally written in Swedish.
Top Review by halst34
I've become a fan of Chef Dudo as his recipes are always winners. This was the highlight of a recent family dinner. However I prepared it a little differently to use only one dish by melting together the butter and chocolate in the microwave, then adding the sugar (only 1 1/4 cups because otherwise it would be too sweet), eggs and orange juice. There wasn't a crumb left!
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 3 1⁄2 fluid ounces orange juice
- 1⁄2 lb dark chocolate, broken into medium sized pieces
- 7⁄8 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line bottom and sides of a 91/2 inch springform with baking paper.
- Melt butter in a saucepan, add orange juice.
- Take the pan away from the heat and add the chocolate pieces.
- Let the chocolate melt in the warm butter/orange.
- Transfer batter into a large bowl.
- Add sugar and eggs and whip until all is combined.
- Pour batter into prepared form.
- Bake, in the middle of the oven, for about 45 minutes.
- Let cool and keep in the refridgerator but serve on room temperature.