1/2 Photos of Decadent Chocolate Jelly Roll
A spectacular dessert with a chocolate mousse like filling that is very easy to make!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- icing sugar (confectioner's)
- chocolate hazelnut spread (Nutella)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Spray a jelly roll pan with Pam.
- 3Line it with wax paper and again spray with Pam.
- 4Set aside.
- 5In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs and vanilla for at least 2 minutes until frothy.
- 6Add the sugar in 3 additions (1/4 of a cup at a time) and beat for at least 5 minutes until thick and cream coloured.
- 7Sift in the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- 8Beat on low until all is incorporated into the egg mixture, but do not over beat.
- 9Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- 10Spread so that it is level and even.
- 11Bake for 13 minutes and check with a toothpick for doneness.
- 12While cake is baking, sift icing sugar heavily over a clean, cotton tea towel.
- 13Remove cake from the oven and invert carefully onto tea towel.
- 14Gently remove the wax paper.
- 15From the short end, roll the cake up together with the towel and place to cool completely on an elevated cooling rack.
- 16To prepare the filling: Sift the cocoa and icing sugar into the whipping cream and beat until stiff and spreadable.
- 17Unroll the cake.
- 18First spread with a layer of hazel nut spread, then with the whipped cream mixture.
- 19Roll up again without the towel and refrigerate.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Decadent Chocolate Jelly Roll
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.0
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 97.6 mg
- Sodium 74.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 15.1 g
- Protein 3.9 g