Chunks of chocolate cake mixed with chocolate ganache pressed into a springform pan, chilled, unmolded, and then coated with more ganache. To die for! The interesting way this cake is made is what drew my attention to it. I had to try it! I was not dissapointed!! A heart shaped insert for the springform pan will also make this a great Valentines dessert. I got this recipe from busycooks.about.com. Mmmm..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare cake mix as directed on package, using water, oil and egg measurements above.
- 2Bake in two greased and floured 8" round pans at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes.
- 3Cool in pans 10 minutes, remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
- 4Melt chocolate in medium saucepan over low heat.
- 5Heat cream and butter together in a large saucepan until it boils.
- 6Pour cream over chocolate and beat with wire whisk until smooth. Cool 20 minutes.
- 7Line 9" springform pan with waxed paper. Cut cooled cake into cubes. Place cake cubes in large mixer bowl.
- 8Pour 1-1/3 cups ganache over the cake cubes and mix on low speed with an electric mixture until texture is like thick fudge. Spread and press evenly in prepared pan, smoothing top. Freeze for one hour.
- 9Unmold cake, place on serving plate, remove waxed paper, and coat cake on the top and sides with remaining chocolate ganache. Store in refrigerator. 16-20 servings.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Decadent Chocolate Fudge Cake
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 450.0
- Calories from Fat 341
- Total Fat 37.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 74.4 mg
- Sodium 298.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 7.2 g