Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is SO good with vanilla ice cream. My family loves it. I substitue coconut oil for the vegetable oil.
- 18 ounces chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- vanilla ice cream
- Grease inside of slow cooker.
- Combine cake mix, sour cream, chips, water, eggs, oil and pudding mix and mix well. Pour into slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH 3 to 4 hours. Serve hot or warm with ice cream.
My3Chefs 2008. Well chocolate- you can;t get any better than that flavor for sweetness. I loved this as it uses a cake mix and I always keepthose on hand for emergency fixins. This is decadent! I did reduce the vegetable oil to 1/2 c plus 2 tsp aand that seemed to work just fine. I served this with vanilla bean and chocolate fudge ice cream for dessert. Well actually DH did. I am the baker he is the desert king. We also topped with fresh strawberries and a smidgeon of whip cream. OH YEA> Definitely making this again and again!