Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
These cookie bars are very easy to make and are like Death by Chocolate times 3!!! My Mother-in-law gave me this recipe. WARNING: May be ADDICTIVE!!!!! Sassycook
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (Baking)
- 1 cup butter (cold) or 1 cup margarine (cold)
- 2 (12 ounce) bags semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (chocolate is best but regular white will do)
- 3⁄4 cup nuts, chopped (I use Pecans,use what you like)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (12 ounce) bag milk chocolate chips
- Combine Flour,Sugar,Cocoa,and Butter. Use two knives or pastry blender.(pastry blender works best.) Mixture will be crumbley. Press firmly into a 13x9 pan. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- In saucepan combine both pkgs of semi-sweet Choc Chips,Vanilla, Milk,and Nuts if using. Stir until well melted. Pour over prepared crust.
- Sprinkle Milk Chocolate chips on top and press on to top of filling. Bake for 20 minutes. Cool at least 10 minutes(will be hard to wait after smelling this bake! Cut into bars and enjoy,I cut into very small bars,this is very rich,and ya might overdose yourself on CHOCOLATE! Enjoy, Sassycook.
Delicious and easy. The crust was the hardest part. I saved time and dishes to clean by melting the chips and milk in the microwave in the same bowl I prepared the crust in. Thanks for sharing this Sassycook.
I'm torn about how to rate this recipe. I am a chocolate lover and really have a sweet tooth but even so I almost felt like I was eating spoonfuls of sugar. I think I'd rather have a really good piece of chocolate as this is the only flavor that really shined through. My ds8 on the other hand loved them and gives these 5 stars. My other issues were with the recipe itself. The chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk did not become anything that could be pourable or even spreadable once melted. I tried my best to spread it but since the recipe did not indicate to cool the crust I did not. The filling and the crust actually became one in this step after much frustration. All and all I would probably make a half batch again (because they are just so sweet), cool the crust before adding the melted chocolate and condensed milk and maybe add butter to this step to make it more user friendly.
I tried this recipe last night so here are my thoughts on it. For one thing it's very simple to put together which I like. I enjoyed the taste of the cookie bars but I couldn't get past the texture of them. The crust was fine but the semisweet chocolate part had kind of a dry and flaky texture to it; not what I was expecting. Maybe I'm just too used to soft, moist brownies or something. Thanks for the recipe but I won't be making it again.