Recipe by t_honeycutt
Pure Decadence!!! For the true choc-a-holics, My absolute favorite cheesecake recipe. I can't make one of these for gatherings, I go ahead and make two or I don't get any at all. I found this recipe in a Kraft Food and Family Magizine but it can be found on line at both the Kraft and Nabisco web-sites.
Top Review by pamlala
Made this for my son's 18th birthday. I melted the 8 squares of chocolate and added them to the cream cheese batter. Loved the 3 distinctly different chocolate flavors throughout the cake.
- 18 Oreo cookies, crushed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 12 baker"s semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, divided
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT: oven to 350 if using a 9-in silver springform pan(325 if using a 9-in dark nonstick springform pan). Combine crums and butter. Press firmly onto bottom of pan.
- BEAT cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Add sour cream; mix well.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time beating on low speed after each addition just until blended.
- Chop 8 of the squares of chocolate; stir into batter. Pour over crust.
- BAKE 45 to 50 min or until center is almost set. Run knife or metal spatula around side of pan to loosen cake. Cool completely.
- CHOP remaining 4 squares of chocolate. Bring Cream to simmer in small saucepan on low heat. Remove from heat. Add chocolate; stir until completely melted. Cool slightly. Pour over cheesecake.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight. Remove side of pan before serving. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.