Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Chocolate lovers beware: This cake is addicting.
Make and share this Decadent Chocolate Cake recipe from Food.com.
For the cake
- 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
For the Chocolate glaze
- 2⁄3 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 1⁄4 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons whipping cream
- Making the cake:.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9-inch round cake pan.
- In a saucepan, combine corn syrup and butter; bring to a boil.
- Stir in chocolate morsels.
- Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, eggs, and vanilla, stir into chocolate mixture.
- In another bowl, combine flour and nuts; add to chocolate mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; smooth top.
- Bake cake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack and cool for 10 minutes.
- Turn cake onto rack and cool completely.
- Making the glaze:.
- In a saucepan, melt chocolate, corn syrup and butter over low heat; stir in cream.
- Pour glaze over cooled cake.