Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Very rich and decadent. I suggest you cut this into smaller serving pieces. Yield of brownies depends on how big you cut the pieces into. Everyone always requests the recipe when they try this brownie.
- 180 g unsalted butter
- 330 g dark chocolate
- 270 g caster sugar
- 90 g plain flour
- 360 g walnuts or 360 g nuts, of choice (roughly chopped)
- 3 eggs
- Melt butter and chocolate in a double boiler.
- Beat eggs and sugar in a bowl until a light and creamy texture.
- Add melted butter and chocolate to egg and sugar mixture.
- Fold in flour and nuts.
- Transfer to well greased biscuit tray 26cm x 18cm.
- Bake in oven 180 c for 20-25 mins, remove and rest for 30mins.
- Do not over bake- max time in oven 30min if you must.
- Brownie will look glossy and soft in texture when baked.
- Turn out onto a cake rack and allow to cool to room temperature- then cut into serving size pieces.