Recipe by Ant
This one's pure evil and definitely not for dieters. The recipe calls for honey or chocolate grahams; if you have a pack that was left open and became limp, use them here. It also uses pre-cooked caramel; when doing this, make a few extra cans, as they can be stored for months and are great for puddings, cake toppings, crepes, etc. Cooking the caramel takes the time mentioned; making the tart takes only minutes.
- 2 cans sweetened condensed milk (old fashioned cans; not easy-open type)
- honey or chocolate graham cracker
- 2 cups cold heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate (coarsely grated)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place unopened milk cans in a large pot, cover with water and boil for 3 hours.
- Keep on topping up the water; do not let the pot boil dry.
- Or boil in pressure cooker for 55 minutes.
- Let cans cool down completely.
- Whip cream until stiff.
- Fold 2 cans caramel into cream.
- In a 9x13 pan, place a layer of grahams, cover with 1/2 cream mix, then 1/2 grated chocolate.
- Repeat layers.
- Refridgerate tart.
- Optional: serve with extra whipped cream.