Recipe by Epi Curious
This was given to me by a friend many years ago; she clipped it from a magazine but I have no idea which one. This is really rich and decadent...brownie layers with a pudding & strawberry filling, topped with fresh strawberries. Yum...
- 21 1⁄2 ounces brownie mix (or another size...choose your favorite brand)
- 1 egg (per brownie mix directions)
- 1⁄4 cup water (per brownie mix directions)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (per brownie mix directions)
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk (Eagle Brand)
- 1 (3 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix (4 serving size)
- 4 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 quart strawberry, hulled & sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease two 9 inch round cake pans. Line with waxed paper, extending up sides & grease the wax paper.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and pour into pans. bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Cool.
- Mix Eagle Brand milk and 1/2 cup cold water in a large bowl and beat in the dry pudding mix. Chill about 15 minutes. Then fold in the Cool Whip.
- Take one cake layer, put a layer of the pudding mixture and a layer of strawberries on top, then repeat with the top layer. Serve.