Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Just read the list of ingredients and you will want to try this delicious recipe. It is awesome!
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 4 -5 bananas, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipped heavy cream
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- Sift flour and powdered sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, milk, butter, vanilla, and salt; beat until smooth.
- Heat a lightly greased 6-inch skillet.
- Add about 3 tablespoons batter.
- Tilt skillet so that batter spreads to almost cover the bottom of skillet.
- Cook until lightly browned; turn and brown the other side.
- Repeat process with remaining batter, grease skillet as needed.
- To make sauce:.
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir in cream and cook until slightly thickened.
- Add bananas; cook for 2 to 3 minutes, spooning sauce over them.
- Remove from heat.
- Spoon banana slices on crepe, roll up and place on serving platter.
- Spoon sauce over crepes.
- Top with whipped cream and garnish with a pinch of cinnamon.
This was delicious. Thanks for posting!
Wow!!! This was absolutely fantastic!!! And so easy to make!!! My wife loved it too!!! Thank you so much!!! I'll be fixing this a lot from now on. May 19, 2009 Well, I have a confession to make. When I fixed this recipe before, I used ready made crepes and only fixed the sauce and topping to put in them. Last night I was going to fix them again for my wife as a special treat, so I prepared all the ingredients and went to get my ready-made crepes from my refrigerator only to find out I only had two left. Well, I didn't want to disappoint my wife, so I decided to try to make them from scratch this time. Well, after my first two flopped crepes (the batter was too thick to spread in the pan), I added more milk to thin out the batter, and, finally, it spread in the pan. I think that if you change the number of servings to the recipe, you really have to make sure the batter is thin, or else you will not be able to spread the batter enough to make the crepes properly. Well, in the end, they turned out fine, and amazingly delicious!!! Not only did I impress my wife, but myself! Wow! These crepes are to die for!!! You made our day (well, actually, night, since it was a late night snack.)!!! Thank you very much for a fantastic recipe! I think I will start making crepes from scratch from now on. Saulo
Delicious! I made this for breakfast using the Waffle Waffles. I added a 1/2 tsp. of rum extract and toasted pecans. I also halfed the recipe as there was only 2 of us. Will definately make again.