1 hr 15 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour, plus
- 5 1/2 tablespoons cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 large ripe bananas, mashed (about 2 cups)
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
Coconut-Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1To make the cake: sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- 2In a bowl, beat the butter at medium speed using an electric mixer, until creamy.
- 3Add in sugar; beat until light and fluffy.
- 4Add in eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
- 5Beat in bananas at low speed.
- 6Increase speed to medium, and gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- 7Pour batter into 2 greased/floured 9-inch round cake pans.
- 8Bake in a 350° oven for 30 minutes or until a pick comes out clean.
- 9Cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes; remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
- 10To make the frosting: in a bowl, beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed using an electric mixer, until creamy.
- 11Gradually add powdered sugar, beating at low speed until blended.
- 12Beat at high speed until smooth.
- 13Stir in milk and vanilla; stir in coconut.
- 14Spread Coconut-Cream Cheese Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Decadent Banana Cake With Coconut-Cream Cheese Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 942.1
- Calories from Fat 284
- Total Fat 31.5 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 123.1 mg
- Sodium 682.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 159.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 112.1 g
- Protein 9.7 g