Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe came from a co-worker of my best friend. It's absolutely delicious and somewhat rich. Please don't be put off by the ingredients. I promise you they are great if you like scallops and rich seafood. Perfect when having guests.They will never guess how simple they are to make. I have had lots of compliments on these and have given out the recipe to many. They in turn have shared. Trust me these are wonderful! I haven't tried it yet, but you could probably add other fish as well. I would like to try haddock (I'm a Maine-iac) and lobster.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb sea scallops (They are best but can use Bay scallops if necessary)
- 3⁄4-1 cup all-purpose flour (for dredging)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 -6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 20 crushed Ritz crackers
- Rinse scallops in cold water and drain well.
- Toss flour in a quart plastic bag or put in bowl.
- Dredge scallops in flour. and shake off excess.
- In casserole dish, place scallops in single layer.
- Pour chicken broth around scallops until ALMOST covered.
- Pour melted butter over all.
- Add pinch of Thyme.
- Top with enough crushed Ritz crackers to thinly cover.
- Bake 350 degrees approximately 40 minutes.
I *love* scallops and this sounds interesting enough to be delish....and will trust in your promise of yumminess. Since you suggested adding fish, I'm going to make this recipe 1/2 as posted and 1/2 with ono. Your a maine-iac and I'm one local kine wahine sitting in the middle of the Pacific ocean, lol! Have you tried fish? lobster?
You can bet I'll return with a full on review! Mahalo for positng.