Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe came from a co-worker of my best friend. It's absolutely delicious and somewhat rich. Please don't be put off by the ingredients. I promise you they are great if you like scallops and rich seafood. Perfect when having guests.They will never guess how simple they are to make. I have had lots of compliments on these and have given out the recipe to many. They in turn have shared. Trust me these are wonderful! I haven't tried it yet, but you could probably add other fish as well. I would like to try haddock (I'm a Maine-iac) and lobster.
- Rinse scallops in cold water and drain well.
- Toss flour in a quart plastic bag or put in bowl.
- Dredge scallops in flour. and shake off excess.
- In casserole dish, place scallops in single layer.
- Pour chicken broth around scallops until ALMOST covered.
- Pour melted butter over all.
- Add pinch of Thyme.
- Top with enough crushed Ritz crackers to thinly cover.
- Bake 350 degrees approximately 40 minutes.