Recipe by Rutecki Family
If you're going to make only one apple cake this fall, do it right by indulging in this extra deluxe version of apple cake yumminess. Butter drizzled over the pecan and sugar topping bakes into a crunchy crust on this super moist spice cake.
- 4 cups chopped apples
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup oil
- 2 beaten eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup oleo
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, mix together apples, 2 cups sugar, 2 teaspoons baking soda. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Add 1 cup oil, 2 beaten eggs, 3 cups flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 2/3 teaspoons salt, and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Stir and pour into either 9 X 13 pan or 11 X 15 pan.
- For topping, mix together 1 rounded teaspoon cinnamon, 1 cup brown sugar, and 1/4 cup sugar. Sprinkle on the dough.
- Drizzle one stick of melted butter or oleo over topping.
- If desired, top with chopped fine pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.