Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I'm dedicating this to Laury O. She found a good recipe for me on the net and I think I've made it even better!
- 2 tart baking apples
- 2 teaspoons sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 3 teaspoons bran flakes, crushed
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons orange rind, dried
- Peel, slice and core apples, and put in small baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining ingredients.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
made for Comfort Cafe 2009. This was dessert for tonite's meal. We really liked this. I did have to double the topping as it was not enough to cover the apples. It came out with a nice crunchy top that had a nice taste and good texture, different from the normal oatmeal topping. I like this one as much if not better as it is healthier. Thank you.