1/4 Photos of Decadent and Easy Crab Bisque
This is an easy and quick recipe that my sister and I devloped. It's definitely not in the low fat category but it sure is satisfying!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute onion in the butter, over medium heat, until translucent.
- 2Add 2 T. of the flour to the onions, mixing well with a wooden spoon. Cook for about a minute.
- 3Add 3 cups of the half-and-half, heavy cream, salt and pepper. Whisk while bringing up to a boil (you can turn up the heat a bit here - just be careful not to scald the cream).
- 4Shake 2 T. of the flour and 1 cup of the half-and-half - using a jar with a lid. Shake until the flour is blended well.
- 5Add to the soup by whisking. Keep whisking until the soup thickens.
- 6Stir in the crab and cook for about 5 more minutes.
- 7Ladle the soup into the bowls and garnish with snipped chives, if desired.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Decadent and Easy Crab Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 501.4
- Calories from Fat 372
- Total Fat 41.4 g
- Saturated Fat 25.6 g
- Cholesterol 166.1 mg
- Sodium 1489.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 20.1 g