This is an easy and quick recipe that my sister and I devloped. It's definitely not in the low fat category but it sure is satisfying!
- Saute onion in the butter, over medium heat, until translucent.
- Add 2 T. of the flour to the onions, mixing well with a wooden spoon. Cook for about a minute.
- Add 3 cups of the half-and-half, heavy cream, salt and pepper. Whisk while bringing up to a boil (you can turn up the heat a bit here - just be careful not to scald the cream).
- Shake 2 T. of the flour and 1 cup of the half-and-half - using a jar with a lid. Shake until the flour is blended well.
- Add to the soup by whisking. Keep whisking until the soup thickens.
- Stir in the crab and cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Ladle the soup into the bowls and garnish with snipped chives, if desired.