Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. These corn muffins are decadent looking, but simple to make--perfect for a surprising potluck, picnic, or special family dinner. A packaged mix is dressed up with corn and a swirl of A1 steak sauce, then"frosted" with a creamy seasoned goat cheese, and topped with chopped walnuts and marinated cherry tomatoes.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) box corn muffin mix
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup corn
- 8 tablespoons A.1. Steak Sauce, divided
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped fine
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and add liners to a standard muffin pan.
- Prepare the muffins: In a large mixing bowl, combine the corn muffin mix with the melted butter, milk, and beaten egg until just combined. Add the corn kernels and stir to distribute.
- Spoon batter into each liner until 2/3 full. Add 1/2 Tb of A1 steak sauce to the center of each, and use a knife or toothpick to swirl the sauce lightly through the batter. Bake the muffins for 12-16 minutes until done.
- While your muffins cool: Combine the halved cherry tomatoes with the remaining A1 steak sauce and set aside to marinate.
- Muffins not cool yet? Make your "frosting" by combining the goat cheese, cream cheese, salt, and pepper in a small bowl using a hand mixer or fork until smooth. Remove to a pastry bag or freezer bag for easy piping.
- Now that your muffins are cool, you can assemble them: Pipe the cheese frosting first, then sprinkle with the chopped walnuts, and top with one or two of the marinated cherry tomato halves and a small drizzle of the A1 sauce. Serve with supper and enjoy!
These came out great, we didn't have goat cheese so just used the cream cheese and though ours weren't as pretty as the picture the disappeared quickly