Recipe by Just Garlic
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. These corn muffins are decadent looking, but simple to make--perfect for a surprising potluck, picnic, or special family dinner. A packaged mix is dressed up with corn and a swirl of A1 steak sauce, then"frosted" with a creamy seasoned goat cheese, and topped with chopped walnuts and marinated cherry tomatoes.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) box corn muffin mix
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup corn
- 8 tablespoons A.1. Steak Sauce, divided
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped fine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and add liners to a standard muffin pan.
- Prepare the muffins: In a large mixing bowl, combine the corn muffin mix with the melted butter, milk, and beaten egg until just combined. Add the corn kernels and stir to distribute.
- Spoon batter into each liner until 2/3 full. Add 1/2 Tb of A1 steak sauce to the center of each, and use a knife or toothpick to swirl the sauce lightly through the batter. Bake the muffins for 12-16 minutes until done.
- While your muffins cool: Combine the halved cherry tomatoes with the remaining A1 steak sauce and set aside to marinate.
- Muffins not cool yet? Make your "frosting" by combining the goat cheese, cream cheese, salt, and pepper in a small bowl using a hand mixer or fork until smooth. Remove to a pastry bag or freezer bag for easy piping.
- Now that your muffins are cool, you can assemble them: Pipe the cheese frosting first, then sprinkle with the chopped walnuts, and top with one or two of the marinated cherry tomato halves and a small drizzle of the A1 sauce. Serve with supper and enjoy!