Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A very fancy cake!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 350 g dark chocolate
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, cubed
- 1 cup strong coffee
- 1 1⁄3 cups black rum
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, slightlu beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- butter, for greasing the pan
- cacao, for dusting the pan
- Preheat the oven at 150°C.
- Butter very good a 3lt cake pan.
- Dust the pan with cacao powder. Remove any extra cacao powder.
- Sift the flour, the baking powder and the salt.
- Melt the chocolate with the butter, mixing.
- Remove from heat and add the rum, the coffee and the sugar mixing well.
- Using an electric mixer add slowly the flour and then the eggs and then the vanilla.
- Pour the mixture in the cake pan and bake for 1 hour and 50 minutes.