Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Too Die For! I LOVE this stuff!
- 4 slices bacon, fried crisp and chopped (reserve 1 tbsp bacon fat)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 dash pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut in pieces
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Saute onion and garlic in butter and bacon fat for 1 minute. Add mushrooms and cook until most liquid is gone.
- Add flour, pepper, cream cheese, sauces and mustard. Stir until cheese melts.
- Remove from heat, add sour cream and bacon.
- Pack in shallow oven dish. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Serve with crackers or slices of french baguette.
Made this as a Thanksgiving appetizer. It was very tasty but too "cream cheesy" to me. I think you are onto something here but I think I'll fiddle with the recipe... More mushrooms, less cream cheese, a little white wine and more garlic? Thanks for posting!
made this for christmas eve treat everyone loved it ! will make it again exactly as described.
Yummy! I love mushrooms and this dip did not disappoint! It was a hit at the party too. Very easy & very tasty!