Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
My good friend Debbie served this to us and it's hundreds of times better than lasagna. Can be made larger for a crowd. Serve with a salad and bread for a hearty meal.
- 1 lb spaghetti noodles, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup romano cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 2 lbs ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- spaghetti sauce
- Italian sausage, cooked and sliced
- meatballs, cooked and halved or whole if small
- 1 lb grated mozzarella cheese
- While noodles are still hot, combine with cheese, butter and one egg.
- Pour half noodles into a greased 9x13 casserole.
- Combine ricotta, one egg, salt and pepper.
- Layer some sauce on noodles.
- Spoon ricotta over sauce.
- Add sliced sausage and meatballs.
- Top with more sauce, remaining noodles and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake@ 350 for 45-60 minutes.
This turned out good. I made half the recipe and we still ate it for a week. Much easier than lasagna! Next time I will use a spicy sausage - and perhaps add some chiles. We like it spicy!
I made this recipe for my husband the other night, and we both loved it! I made a sight adjustment - instead of 2lbs of ricotta, I change it to 1 lb. ricotta and 1 lb. cottage cheese. Instead of the meatballs, I added 1 lb. hamburg. It was great! You have to try it - easy to make. As for the spagetti sauce, I put in 2 jars of spicy (spagetti) sauce.