Easy, flavorful, sweet and garlic-y.
My Private Note
cup mar ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter over low heat in a skillet. Quarter the white part of the shallot then thinly slice. Chop garlic and add both garlic and shallots to butter. Saute until shallots are clear and garlic has not yet started to brown.
- 2Whisk in the red wine, teriyaki sauce and honey. Simmer over low for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally so it doesn't scorch. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- 3Rinse the salmon and pat dry with paper towels. Place salmon in a zip-lock bag, add cooled marinade, zip and marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- 4Heat bar-b-que to 400'. Just before placing salmon on the grill, reduce heat to 300, Place salmon skin side down, toward the coals, thick edge to the back of the grill.
- 5WARNING: Adding the extra marinade when putting the fish on the grill will almost ALWAYS result in a flare-up. Fish cooks quickly, so baste at your own risk!
- 6Close the cover and cook 6-7 minutes. Keeping the skin side down, lift and rotate the salmon 1/2 turn, if the thin edge has not cooked completely, OR 1/4 turn, keeping the thick, (cut end if head has been removed) to the back of the grill. Close the cover and cook 3 minutes. If top and/or center are not flaky when gently pulled with a fork, gently flip the salmon, close the lid and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- 7Fish Tips: Unless using a water soaked, untreated cedar plank, Do Not Allow the grill to flare-up. Should it flare, immediately remove the salmon to an area where there is no direct heat or remove entirely from the grill. Reduce the heat and close the lid. If the salmon remains on the grill away from the direct heat and flame cook 1-2 minutes. If you have removed the salmon, cover it with foil then a folded towel to retain the heat. Check after 3-4 minutes. If it requires additional cooking, return it to the grill after the flare-up has been extinguished, Close the lid and cook about 2 minutes.
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deb's Salmon Marinade
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 738.3
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 186.9 mg
- Sodium 1742.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 40.1 g
- Protein 72.7 g