Recipe by Nature's Cuisine
A warm and healthy meal in 15 minutes. Also easily frozen (just don't add the pasta until ready to serve).
Top Review by lolablitz
Nice goulash recipe. My 13 month old loved it and that is huge :) I had 1.5 lbs of ground beef, so I used a whole bag of whole wheat pasta (16oz), and increased the corn to about 1.5 cups and added a teaspoon of Italian seasoning. I also used Trader Joe's tomato soup per a previous poster's review and am glad I did - I think it added a sweeter, less acidic flavor than a tomato sauce. Next time I might season the ground beef with Lawry's or similar and increase the garlic to 3 or 4 cloves to add to the flavor. Thanks!
- 8 ounces small shell pasta
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb ground beef, 90% lean
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 28 ounces whole tomatoes, canned
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oregano
- 1⁄2 tablespoon basil
- 1 cup frozen corn
- ground sea salt, to taste
- ground pepper, to taste
- sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil a quart of water with 1 t salt. Add pasta and boil until tender. Drain (do not rinse).
- While water is warming up for pasta, brown 1 pound of ground beef until 1/2 pink. While beef is browning, cut up peppers, onion and garlic.
- Add onions and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add peppers and cook until beef is browned and peppers are tender.
- With your hands, break the can of whole tomatoes into thirds and add to mixture.
- Add remaining juice in can along with the tomato sauce, oregano, basil and corn.
- Boil for 5 minutes to reduce to a "sloppy joe" consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally throw in the pasta and enjoy ;).