Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I never tire of these. They're good hot or cold so we usually make an extra large batch that we can snack on cold while watching TV. I prefer them crunchy so we make sure they're nice and brown.
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 medium potatoes, grated medium
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- Combine flour mixture with eggs and onion and set aside.
- Drain liquid from grated potatoes.
- Add potatoes to egg mixture and beat thoroughly.
- Spoon 2 teaspoons of batter for each pancake into hot frying pan.
- Cover over medium heat until brown.
I scaled this recipe in half & didn't run into any problems. It was a delicious change from hash browns with our bacon & eggs on Sunday morning! Thanx for posting Walt (and Deb)!
Excellent potato pancakes! I made them exactly as posted. My family enjoyed them plain, and cut in half and added to to other breakfast items to make tasty breakfast burritos for our brunch. All of these items are things I usually have on hand and it was not hard to put together. Thanks! Made for Breakfast Anytime Photo Challenge 9/08.
These were good. I have made them 2 or 3 times. One time I added shredded cheddar cheese to the egg and potato mixture. It gave them a little more flavor. They were easy to make. I will probably make these again.