Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
I made up my own recipe for these cookies, as I don't like really sweet peanut butter cookies. As a matter of fact, some people may want to add a little more sugar to these. I make them just as written. Great with coffee, hot chocolate, or milk. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, peanut butter, vanilla and egg until light n fluffy.
- In a smaller bowl stir together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Gently stir in the flour mixture into the butter mixuture until well blended.
- Using a teaspoon, gather enough dough to form a ball aprox. 1".
- Drop on to cookie sheet about 2" apart and gently push down making a criss cross mark on top of ball (till slightly flattened) using a fork dipped in sugar. (I use a dark colored cookie sheet.).
- Bake in oven at 370°F for approximately 12 minute or unitl golden brown.
- Remove to racks to cool.
- *I have used this recipe to place the 1" dough balls into mimi muffin tins and bake for 12 minute As soon as they come out of the oven, I push in a mimi reeses peanut butter cup, or a hershey chocolate kiss.
- Works great!