Recipe by oilpatchjo
This nougat recipe will delight you. What a treat beats anything in any big city confectionery I have eaten. Deb my dear friend has made this for me at the Holiday Season many times. It is wonderful!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn syrup (white)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup honey (strained)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop toasted almonds and strain honey set aside.
- Mix sugar, syrup and water together.
- Place over heat and boil until brittle when tested in very cold water.
- While syrup is cooking beat egg whites stiff, add honey and beat thoroughly.
- Add hot syrup mixture slowly to egg white mixture beating constantly.
- Continue beating for 5 minutes until mixture thickens then add flavoring and nuts.
- Pour immediately into a shallow well buttered 10 x 10 pan.
- Let stand several hours until set and cooled.
- Cut and wrap in waxed paper.
- A presentation you can do is dip one side of nougat into melted chocolate and set on wax paper to cool completely before wrapping in wax paper or serving.