Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My sister got this recipe from her friend Deb. She is a home economics teacher at the school where my sister works. If my sister and a bunch of kids can make this fudge with out fail, than anyone can. *One reviewer did not know how to measure the powdered sugar. Please note that powdered sugar is typically sold in 1 or 2 lb packages. This takes an entire 2 lb package.
- 1 lb butter (only use butter, no margarine or butter blends)
- 1⁄2 cup baking cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 lbs powdered sugar
- Melt butter (NO Margarine!)and peanut butter in pan over low heat. Do not boil.
- Add baking cocoa and stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and powdered suger until smooth.
- Pour into your container or a baking pan.
- Put in fridge and cut when cool.
- If you want peanut butter fudge simply omit baking cocoa and increase peanut butter to 1 cup.
I had a craving for fudge which I don't normally make so the 'no fail' part attracted me. Sorry to say I failed... this is the first time I've seen icing sugar measured by pounds so I wasn't sure if it was lbs in weight. I made 1/2 the recipe & used 1 cup (8 oz) but I found it too creamy. I put abit more but if I make this next time I'll put more. Satisfied my craving & took the rest to work... it was goobled up but most agreed it was too soft.