Recipe by Debbie McCormick
This is a quick and easy recipe. Freezes well too! Great for office pot lucks. This recipe was created from my many attempts to make a great lasagna in a short period of time.
Top Review by Chaeign
I have never attempted lasagna before due to the sheer number of steps involved, but figured I'd give this one a try. Wow! My family loves it, and using premade spaghetti sauce made this so easy. I used a wine-based spaghetti sauce that was 26 oz in place of the wine + sauce, and low- or no-fat cheeses, and it was delicious. Also, I forgot to make up the sausage so left that out, with no complaints or ill effects. Next time sausage definitely goes in, though.
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb ground chicken or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 (12 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (use your favorite flavor and brand)
- 1⁄2 cup wine
- lasagna noodle (I use Italian style - you don't have to pre-cook)
- parmesan cheese
- mozzarella cheese
- cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and sausage.
- Drain well.
- Return to skillet, add spaghetti sauce& wine and heat thoroughly.
- Remove from heat and add container of Ricotta cheese, mix well.
- Layer a 9X13 casserole dish with noodles, then meat mixture, then cheeses.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake in 350 oven until bubbly.