Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a quick and easy recipe. Freezes well too! Great for office pot lucks. This recipe was created from my many attempts to make a great lasagna in a short period of time.
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb ground chicken or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 (12 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (use your favorite flavor and brand)
- 1⁄2 cup wine
- lasagna noodle (I use Italian style - you don't have to pre-cook)
- parmesan cheese
- mozzarella cheese
- cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef and sausage.
- Drain well.
- Return to skillet, add spaghetti sauce& wine and heat thoroughly.
- Remove from heat and add container of Ricotta cheese, mix well.
- Layer a 9X13 casserole dish with noodles, then meat mixture, then cheeses.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake in 350 oven until bubbly.
I have never attempted lasagna before due to the sheer number of steps involved, but figured I'd give this one a try. Wow! My family loves it, and using premade spaghetti sauce made this so easy. I used a wine-based spaghetti sauce that was 26 oz in place of the wine + sauce, and low- or no-fat cheeses, and it was delicious. Also, I forgot to make up the sausage so left that out, with no complaints or ill effects. Next time sausage definitely goes in, though.
This lasagna has fantastic flavor. We used part skim mozzarella, reduced fat ricotta, and a spicy Sicilian pasta sauce. It was so good we literally stuffed ourselves. The wine adds a great dimension to the flavor. We'll make this again and try turkey sausage instead of regular and cottage cheese instead of the ricotta. Make this for guests and they will rave!
easy and tastes great. I ommited the sausages and used low fat everything, and it was still tasty.