What a happy creation this turned out to be! It is a new little twist on an old standard pecan pie recipe. I guess I was inspired by the late night cooking muse. This became highly complimented and the recipe requested at our Thanksgiving Dinner this year. Note: Prep time does NOT include preparing/making the pie crust. I use the roll out pie shell dough from Pillsbury.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare Pie crust in pan, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, flour and vanilla; beat well.
- Add melted butter, pecans, hazelnuts and chocolate chips to the egg mixture, stir until ingredients are combined.
- Pour mixture into pie crust. Bake until center of the pie is puffed and golden brown, about 30-35 minutes.
- Cool. If desired, serve with a little whipped creme or vanilla ice cream.