Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From a 2003 issue of the Houston Chronicle - if you like cabbage you'll love this!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 small cabbage, chopped
- 6 slices bacon
- black pepper
- cajun seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (plus more to serve)
- Fry or micro-cook the bacon until crisp. Break into pieces.
- In a heavy skillet, combine butter, onion, garlic, and sugar. Cook over medium heat until onion is tender.
- Add cabbage, bacon, pepper, Cajun seasoning, and Parmesan. Saute until cabbage is just past "al dente".
- Serve topped with additional Parmesan.
I love cabbage and I love bacon, what more is there to say. Awesome recipe! Mine overcooked a tiny bit as the accompanying dish was not quite ready, completely my fault. Thanks, loof, made for ZWT9, Panthers On The Prowl
We really enjoyed this tasty dish, loof. It had great flavor and textures. We both liked the addition of cajun seasoning and parmesan cheese The cabbage dish was sweet and savory all in one bite. Made for the Fearless red Dragons - ZWT8 - Great Britian
I thought this was a nice twist on a cabbage dish. Not sure I was sold on the Cajun seasoning, found it a little overpowering, also had clumping issues with the cheese. However, I felt the cheese was a nice addition, next time I will just let everyone add their own.