Recipe by loof
From a 2003 issue of the Houston Chronicle - if you like cabbage you'll love this!
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
I love cabbage and I love bacon, what more is there to say. Awesome recipe! Mine overcooked a tiny bit as the accompanying dish was not quite ready, completely my fault. Thanks, loof, made for ZWT9, Panthers On The Prowl
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 small cabbage, chopped
- 6 slices bacon
- black pepper
- cajun seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (plus more to serve)
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry or micro-cook the bacon until crisp. Break into pieces.
- In a heavy skillet, combine butter, onion, garlic, and sugar. Cook over medium heat until onion is tender.
- Add cabbage, bacon, pepper, Cajun seasoning, and Parmesan. Saute until cabbage is just past "al dente".
- Serve topped with additional Parmesan.