1/3 Photos of Deb's Chicken Tetrazzini
I got this recipe from my mom. The sherry adds a wonderful flavor!! I've tried to get the right amounts for the ingredients. I always just put them together without exact measurements. Hopefully this is pretty darn close!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 whole broiler-fryer chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 lb linguine, cooked per package directions
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 8 slices American cheese
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- salt and pepper (lots of pepper is what I like)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1Preheat oven to 350*F. In saucepan, melt 2 TBSP butter. Add the flour and stir to thicken. Add the chicken broth, salt, pepper and sherry. Bring to boil, then stir continuously 3-5 minutes until a nice sauce forms. Add the cream, stir another 3-5 minutes.
- 2Add chicken to the mixture, stir til warm and coated.
- 3Butter a 9x13 pan. Pour linquine into bottom of pan to cover it. Pour your chicken/sauce mixture over the top - spreading to cover the pasta. Dot the top with the rest of butter. Sprinkle parmesan on top. Put slices of American cheese on top. Bake, uncovered, 30-45 minutes, until top is browned and bubbling.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deb's Chicken Tetrazzini
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 789.6
- Calories from Fat 420
- Total Fat 46.6 g
- Saturated Fat 22.8 g
- Cholesterol 177.0 mg
- Sodium 631.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 39.4 g