Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my own version. If you like strawberries, I think you'll like this.
Make and share this Deborah Lee's Strawberry Vinaigrette Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 pint strawberry, mashed (amount approximate)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup pecans or 1⁄4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- Whisk together the oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Whisk in the strawberries until well blended.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients and continue whisking until again well blended.
- Let sit in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings if necessary.
- (This will taste a bit different, and better, after sitting for a while as the flavors blend).
- Makes about 1 1/2 cups of dressing.
This was superb. I didn't have dried onion flakes so I used about 1/2 tsp of onion powder instead. I served it with a salad of romaine lettuce, strawberry quarters, halved red and green grapes and cantelope chunks, all tossed with some feta cheese. The cheese was perfect because it spreads well when mixed around. Dressing was served on the side. You don't need much because it is so flavorful. The rest of dinner was couscous (from a box) and grilled stuffed portabello mushrooms(recipe 162961). My husband said the flavors were well balanced and he loved it all. Thanks for the delicious recipe!
This was very good. I did not have any mint and I thought it tasted it still tasted good.