Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Every year Tom the Turkey's stuffing mixture is a little bit different - it all depends on what's in the cupboards that might be fun to throw in. The basic Mexican inspired mix stays the same though.
- 340 g dry bread cubes
- 1 lb bacon, NOT maple flavoured
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 (10 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (114 ml) can diced green chilies
- 2 -3 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 5 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place dried bread cubes in a large mixing bowl(cubes seem to work better than crumbs).
- Slice entire package of bacon into large bite size pieces.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until almost done but not crispy. Pour entire contents of.
- skillet, bacon & all the drippings, over the dried bread cubes. Stir.
- Add Olive oil to uncleaned skillet and heat. Add onions and 1 tsp of minced garlic. Sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add ground pork, stirring occasionally to keep the meat broken up, cook until done.
- Add entire contents of skillet, drippings and all, over the dried bread cubes. Stir.
- Add mushrooms, diced chilies, hot sauce and minced garlic. Stir.
- In a small dish, mix up poultry spice, thyme, cumin,chili powder and cayenne. Add to bowl and stir.
- Stuff firmly into the raw Tom front and back.
- When Tom is fully cooked, remove stuffing and place in a serving bowl and watch it disappear!