Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
After experimenting with several salsa recipes in 1996, this is what I came up with. Caution - better make a double batch!
- 3 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped small
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup purple onion, chopped fine
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 fresh jalapenos, seeded & chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped fine or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, drained & chopped small
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (I like "Frank's Original" )
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, fresh
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- Combine all ingredients and refrigerate overnight. Serve with Tortilla chips.