Recipe by HeatherFeather
Adapted from Better Homes & Gardens "Holiday Appetizers." I haven't tried this yet.
Top Review by Hey Jude
These are good! I used up some leftover nuggets of cheese in my fridge....ended up with swiss/cheddar/monterey jack and a bit of colby. The rice krispies add a nice crunch. I may cut down on the Italian seasoning next time. Thanks Heather, good recipe!
- 2 cups swiss cheese or 2 cups monterey jack cheese (with or without peppers) or 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup sweet unsalted butter, no substitutes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
Directions See How It's Made
- Set out cheese and butter at room temperature and let sit 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Beat together cheese and butter in a large bowl until combined well.
- Add Italian seasoning and lemon pepper seasonings and mix well.
- Stir in flour and cereal, kneading together until combined.
- Form dough into 3/4-inch balls and place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Flatten each ball with a fork dipped into a little water and squash them down with the fork until they are about 1/4-inch thick.
- Bake 11-12 minutes or until just lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and serve warm or let cool completely and store in the freezer between layers of wax paper in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.