Recipe by Debbb
As my husband and I are fussy eaters, I had to combine a couple of stuffing recipes and use my imagination to come up with this one. After one bite, my husband said "I hope you remember how you made this!" So, I guess it's a keeper.
- 12 cups bread, cut in cubes
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons sage
- 2⁄3 cup celery, chopped finely
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped finely
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 2 packets of oxo chicken bouillon
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine bread, pepper and sage.
- Set aside.
- Fry celery and onion in margarine until transparent, about 10 minutes.
- Pour over bread.
- Mix well.
- Slowly stir Oxo into boiling water.
- Add prepared bouillon gradually to bread until moist through.
- Put stuffing in greased 13 X 9 glass pan.
- Bake at 350° F for about one hour.
- Stir often to pull the crusty stuffing off the bottom and create more crustiness.
- If you prefer soft stuffing, don't stir at all.