Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I've been making this recipe for quite a while now - sometimes called Church Windows. I found several variations on Recipezaar but none exactly the way I like to make it. Besides being quite tasty, it is a pretty addition to goodie trays.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups colored marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup red maraschino cherry, quartered (or a combination of red & green for Christmas)
- 1 cup sweetened coconut (I use shredded)
- Melt chocolate chips & margarine in a large pan over low heat or in a large bowl in the microwave.
- Remove from heat & add egg, icing sugar, marshmallows & well-drained cherries. Mix well.
- Sprinkle the coconut on the counter & grease your hands.
- Form mixture into a roll, coating with coconut as you go. (I like to make 2 smaller rolls so I end up with more treats.).
- Wrap in plastic wrap & put on a cookie sheet before refrigerating.
- Chill thoroughly before slicing into rounds.