Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I don't know Debbie and I don't remember where I got the recipe, but Debbie does make yummy pasta. Full of vibrant vegetables and great taste.
- 16 ounces bow tie pasta, cooked al dente
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced, I chop
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red crushed red pepper flakes
- 29 ounces diced tomatoes, drained
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup romano cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup drained pasta water
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil.
- Add the artichoke hearts. garlic, onion and red pepper flakes.
- Cook until onion and garlic are soft.
- Add tomatoes and spinach.
- Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add pasta cooking water and cook until the sauce is thick and ingredients are well mixed.
- Add pasta and mix, then add the cheese and salt and pepper as topping.