Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I threw this together using ideas from different recipes, turned out really yummy. Chicken could be subbed for the tuna if preffered.I use cooking sherry from the grocery store which turns out fine if you dont have the real thing around.
- 1 (8 ounce) can tuna (drained )
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of
- 2 cups cooked rotini (or favourite pasta i.e shells or macaroni )
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped and sauteed
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup plain potato chips, crushed
- Mix the soup, mayonnaise, milk, sherry, lemon juice, celery seed and lemon zest together.
- Add the tuna , onion, pasta and frozen peas to the mix.
- Pour into a casserole and top with the cheese and the potato chips.
- Bake in a 375 * oven for 30 minutes.
This is an easy recipe to make. It might be a five star if the lemon did not overpower the dish. But the zest of 1 whole lemon is just *to much*. I think if I'd make this again I'd cut it back to 1/2 lemon zest. I put this in a greased 8x11 baking dish and it came out of the oven nice and hot. Made for *Zaar Cookbooks Tag* game 2008