Recipe by Mirj
Top Review by ratwoman
We loved this dish! The smell from the sauce really whet our appetites while we were waiting too. This will be a frequent repeat at our house. The sauce ingredients are standard pantry items in our house so it's something I can decide to do at the last minute. It was amazingly easy. Served it with rice and peas. Saved a few pieces for next-day's lunch but ended up picking at it all evening and had to come with another lunch idea! Had a mix of white and dark meat and definitely liked the dark meat better.
- 1 chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 fresh garlic cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a baking dish.
- Place chicken in a baking dish, and sprinkle chicken pieces with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in oven for about 45 minutes.
- Pour off the fat.
- Pour half the sauce over the chicken return to the oven uncovered for another 15 minutes, basting with the other half of the sauce.