Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 fresh garlic cloves
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a baking dish.
- Place chicken in a baking dish, and sprinkle chicken pieces with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in oven for about 45 minutes.
- Pour off the fat.
- Pour half the sauce over the chicken return to the oven uncovered for another 15 minutes, basting with the other half of the sauce.
We loved this dish! The smell from the sauce really whet our appetites while we were waiting too. This will be a frequent repeat at our house. The sauce ingredients are standard pantry items in our house so it's something I can decide to do at the last minute. It was amazingly easy. Served it with rice and peas. Saved a few pieces for next-day's lunch but ended up picking at it all evening and had to come with another lunch idea! Had a mix of white and dark meat and definitely liked the dark meat better.
Really sticky really tasty! I used chicken legs and cooked for approx 10 minutes longer. Fast and easy to prepare, thanks Mirj!
Delicious, fast ,and easy to prepare. I used all chicken drumsticks and they came out very tender and falling of the bone. And yes - these are very sticky - the sauce is great. I baked them at 350F.