Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a simple recipe with a flavorful outcome. I took some ingredients from a couple of different pasta and shrimp recipes I've tried in the past and came up with this one.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes or 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- salt and fresh black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Boil the pasta in salted water according to package directions.
- Drain well reserving about 1 cup of pasta water.
- When pasta is almost done cooking, sprinkle about one tablespoon of olive oil in a cold nonstick.
- Turn heat on to medium high let pan warm for a minute or two. You want the pan to just be warm when you hold your hand over the surface.
- Add the shrimp, garlic, onion, lemon zest, and pepper flakes (or jalapeno) and cook stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes. Shrimp will just start to turn opaque but not yet pink.
- Add tomatoes, salt, basil, oregano, lemon juice, and white wine. Stir and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Add in the 1 cup reserved pasta water.
- Taste sauce and adjust seasonings to your taste.
- Spoon over drained pasta and garnish with fresh black pepper and grated parmesan cheese.