Recipe by Diana Thompson
This is a creamy, cheesy, vegetarian version of Spanish rice...a great side dish! The recipe was given to me by a friend.
Top Review by Mysterygirl
THis may not be a true "Spanish" rice, but who cares, it tastes great. We will definitely keep this recipe and sometime will probably add ground beef or chicken and turn it into a main dish casserole. Thanks for posting, it's a nice change of pace.
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 3 cups rice, cooked and cooled
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup salsa
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onions, chiles and garlic in a small amount of olive oil, over medium heat, until the onions are soft.
- Set aside until cool.
- When the vegetables and rice are cool, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Pour into a buttered 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Bake, covered at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10 minutes more.