Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I finally tried to measure as best as I could the ingredients to make my sauce. This recipe makes a lot because I make it for OAMC and freeze in smaller portions. The key to this recipe is to make sure you cook it long and slow and until the spareribs are tender and falling off the bone, about 6 hours. I got this recipe from an old Italian woman aout 30 years ago whose name I don't remember.
- In a large stockpot cover the bottom of the pan with olive oil and heat on medium heat until hot.
- Add the sausage and brown making sure not to crowd the pan, you will have to do this in batches, remove and set aside as they brown.
- Next brown the spareribs the same way adding more olive oil as needed and set aside when browned.
- Add the tomatoe paste to pan and cook stirring constantly so that it does not burn.
- Add the canned tomatoes, burgandy, basil, fennel seed, bay leafs and garlic to the paste in the stockpot and mix well.
- Turn heat up to medium high until sauce almost comes to a boil.
- Turn heat down to low and add the sausages and spareribs to sauce.
- DO NOT COVER THE PAN.
- Simmer for about 6 hours until meat falls off the bones of the spareribs and not before.