Recipe by Mary Scheffert
Another recipe from a former co-worker. These bars are delicious, but are certainly not for the diet-conscious (see version #2 for a more healthy option)! I have made them many times (both versions) and they are always a hit.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Grease& flour 10x15 jelly roll pan; set aside.
- Beat sugar, oil& eggs in a large bowl.
- Sift dry ingredients; add to egg mixture, stirring well to combine.
- Add pumpkin & nuts.
- Pour into prepared pan, and bake 20-25 minutes or until done.
- Cool thoroughly; frost with cream cheese frosting, or serve with Cool Whip.