Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These taste every bit as good as the original recipe ... without the guilt!
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup egg substitute (such as Egg Beaters)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 350F; grease& flour 10x15 jelly roll pan; set aside.
- Beat sugar, oil, applesauce& egg substitute.
- Sift dry ingredients and add to egg mixture; stir well to combine.
- Add pumpkin& nuts.
- Pour into prepared pan; bake 20-25 minutes or until done.
- Cool thoroughly.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting, or serve with Cool Whip.
This are wonderful pumpkin bars! They are moist and flavorful. I even decreased the oil to 1/4 cup and added 1/4 cup applesauce in it's place and it turned out great. My teen age daughters love all kinds of sweets and whenever I can lower the fat content of something yet still have a good product that they will eat, I am all for it!! Thank you for a wonderful recipe. We will use it often. KCShell
Very moist and delicious. I will not even try the regular version. I used babyfood applesauce so I could buy the amount only needed for this recipe. I doubled the cinnamon and used 1/2 tsp ginger and 1/2 tsp cloves for the pumpkin pie spice. I also used a 9x13 pyrex. I made a cream cheese frosting for the top. At least the cake's healthier.
I forgot to rate these! Definitely 5 stars. Thanks!