Recipe by Mary Scheffert
These taste every bit as good as the original recipe ... without the guilt!
Top Review by KCShell
This are wonderful pumpkin bars! They are moist and flavorful. I even decreased the oil to 1/4 cup and added 1/4 cup applesauce in it's place and it turned out great. My teen age daughters love all kinds of sweets and whenever I can lower the fat content of something yet still have a good product that they will eat, I am all for it!! Thank you for a wonderful recipe. We will use it often. KCShell
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup egg substitute (such as Egg Beaters)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F; grease& flour 10x15 jelly roll pan; set aside.
- Beat sugar, oil, applesauce& egg substitute.
- Sift dry ingredients and add to egg mixture; stir well to combine.
- Add pumpkin& nuts.
- Pour into prepared pan; bake 20-25 minutes or until done.
- Cool thoroughly.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting, or serve with Cool Whip.