Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a fantastic salad recipe that I got off a family member. It is always a hit when she makes it and takes it to barbeques and I have made it three or four times and it is just as successful. The dressing is best made the day before if you can as it lets the flavours blend into one another and the taste improves. It stores in the fridge for ages.
- 125 g spiral pasta
- 410 g peach slices, drained and chopped into smaller pieces
- 1⁄3 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄3 cup chopped celery
- 3 spring onions, chopped fine
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 5 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well. Store in the fridge until needed.
- To make the salad, mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and pour over the dressing.
- Stir to combine.
I loved this recipe, It was a big hit at our family get together. Will definitely make again, but will make much more of it.
This recipe is really good! I let it sit in the fridge for 2 days, and the bacon and peach flavours come out beautifully. This will be a nice salad to bring for those summer BBQ's, thanks for sharing!